Wednesday, May 22, 2013

He says you are beautiful

This post is inspired by Candice Glover's song, I am beautiful. I didn't get to watch AI's finale because I have stopped watching it since Angie Miller was eliminated. But because it was the talk of the town (or of the cyber world), I've eventually heard about Candice winning the said competition and her song- I am beautiful. I heard lots of positive feedback about the song so I listened to it on YouTube. I'm not a huge fan of Candice,(but I don't hate her either) but the song just got me. 





How many times have we been told we're not good enough, not worth it, not beautiful? How many times have we believed those lies? 

Just the past few months, I had experienced inferiority complex. I would compare myself to others and think, "why can't I just be beautiful like her?" "why is she so good and I'm not?" "she's much more talented than I am." all those crap. I felt so ugly and useless and unwanted. And it's not that someone actually said those things to me, it's just that it was somehow what things/situations were making me feel. Like what happened one morning of April this year... I was hanging out with some people (I'm not gonna mention who) and they were talking about all these local bands and I couldn't keep up with what they were talking about because I am not really a fan of local music and I felt so out of place. I know it sounds silly but even a simple thing like that can make someone feel inferior about himself/herself. I felt completely invisible. And it didn't only happen that time, that kind of situation happened several times with different people. One time, someone was teaching me how to play a song in piano and I keep having mistakes, pressing the wrong keys and stuff and I felt like this person was getting annoyed because I couldn't get it right. I felt so lame and I felt like I'll never be good enough.  There were times when I was surrounded with people and they kept talking to one another but me. Well, they asked me once in a while about some stuff but after that they went back to their own businesses. It's as if they were just trying to make me feel not so uncomfortable, but really, I knew they were not interested with me. I mean, who'd be interested with a boring nerd/dork like me? And I would never forget, the people who called me ugly and black. I mean, I already forgave them but like what one man once told me, forgetting is a myth...well, unless you get amnesia, that is. So, for quite some time I tried to stay away and drowned myself with the world of books and fantasy which I mentioned in my previous post, Daydreaming 101. For almost a year, I haven't much interacted with people outside my family and some close friends which I could only count on my hands. I knew God was there, and He was the only one who knew all about the things I went through until you get to read this. 


Maybe at some point in your life, you have encountered the same things I had. Maybe people or situations have made you feel you're not good enough, or you're not beautiful. And today I am telling you that all those things you've heard or felt are nothing but lies. It's all deception. You need to know the truth. And the truth is this: 

You are fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14 

In the original Hebrew text, the word "fearfully" means with great reverence and heartfelt interest and respect. The word "wonderfully" means unique, set apart, uniquely marvelous. (www.savedhealed.com) 

God has made you in His own image (Gen. 1:27). How can you feel so ugly when the Creator of the wonderful stars and galaxies and entire universe made you?! 

God made me realize how beautiful I am despite people's words. Their words don't define me, God's words do...because He was the One who made me. Movies and music of this world may tell you that beautiful is only in the form of top models, famous celebrities, or if you have a porcelain white skin, an hourglass body, or a perfect smile... but hey, that isn't true. Truth is you are imperfect. Everybody is. But despite your imperfection, God loves you, so much. Despite your flaws, He sees you as the most valuable creation He has ever created. Despite your mistakes, You are still the apple of His eyes. YOU ARE NOT UGLY. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. 

You are fair, my love; there is no spot in you. Song of Solomon 4:7

So stop listening to the world's lie.People may scream you're not beautiful, but always remember Psalm 139:14; you are fearfully and wonderfully made. And Candice's song says :

Even when you say I'm not, He says I'm beautiful. 



Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that fears the Lord, she shall be praised. 
-Proverbs 31:30- 

8 comments:

  1. A nice song indeed. But her version of the The Cure's Love Song gave and is still giving me goosebumps whenever I listen to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is wonderful and inspiring <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nice! :) I wasn't aware that you experienced this inferiority thing. Well, I call it a "thing" because it sounds senseless right? What's more essential is the way God sees us through His eyes and indeed, we're not inferior. Notice that among His creation, only human has the adverbs "fearfully" and "wonderfully" made. All things were formed through His Word (Let there be light, etc.) but human was the only creation formed by His own hands. We are His masterpiece. So for those pips who told you that you're ugly or made you feel inferior, they are obviously wrong because you are beautiful. ;)
    Continue writing more inspiring blogs. I get goosebumps everytime I read your blogs.
    Keep it up Nice! Proud to be your cousin. ;)
    I love you... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much, kuya :) Don't worry, I'm okay now ;) I love you too!!! <3

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I get goosebumps also every time I read your posts and how you blessed people through your blogs and I am one of those. :') I love you so so so much! :))) <3

      Delete
    3. aww thank you guyyyssssss!!! U dont know how much those mean to me. I don't feel so useless anymore ahahah I love youuuuuu. To Him be the glory ;)

      Delete
  4. As always, this also was tremendously amazing....beautiful work Sheresh...:)

    ReplyDelete