Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Parents Rock!!!!!!!

First of all, let me warn you that this is going to be a very mushy or perchance,a  tear-jerking post. :p

...and this, of course, is for my parents <3



Let me tell you that I am not the best daughter in the universe. In fact, I am such a nuisance. But what is it with parents that no matter how much a pain in the ass a child may be, they can't seem to abandon him/her?

here comes the mushy part...

Perhaps for some, the greatest blessing is their dreams or their spouse or best friend or any tangible thing and yes, those are great blessings. But for me, the greatest blessing is one's parents.
 I don't know if you're going to get some lesson in the end of this post (I hope you do) but this is really just me expressing how much I appreciate my parents.
Though I don't show it too often, I silently thank God everyday for giving me such wonderful parents. I have been a terrible headache to them before and maybe I still am sometimes but it just amazes me how much love they have for me(and my brother-Joshua the hardheaded...I love you, Josh! naksss). When a child is growing up, parents set rules for them in order to stay in the right track. Sadly, I have broken several rules in the past years of my life. One of those was...well, not allowed to have a boyfriend while studying.................UGH. Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaay this is too corny but yes I'll share it anyway. I think this rule is present in every parents' list of don'ts for their daughter/s. I was too foolish to think that a mere crush or infatuation is...love (CORNY). Well, at first it was just really out of curiosity but then you know.....kids chase things they're not suppose to chase. And then well, at the end of it all I learned my lessons and I realized love is very different from what I thought it was and my parents were still there for me even though I was such a very very bad little girl. And then...well, that pretty much is all the rule they have set for me.
When I was younger, I didn't take my parents too seriously. I mean, I loved them but I didn't really much appreciated what they were doing. I was, in fact, pissed because they wouldn't allow me to eat junk foods or they wouldn't buy me the things I wanted or because they always asked me to do house chores. I was really a bad girl back then. But as I grew older, I started to realize all the things they have done and are doing for me and my brother. I started to see things in a different perspective and I was astounded by how much love they have for us. Those times when they didn't allow me to do things...it was like they were saying "No, because I don't want you to get hurt." "No, because I don't want you to be harmed." "No, because I love you."

I love my dad so much and perhaps everybody knows that. He has been my confidence-booster. I remember when my brother was teasing me and told me I was ugly and I got so pissed and sad. I came up to my dad and asked him if I was really ugly and he told me I was very beautiful. I don't know if he still remembers this but I do. I remember all the little things because it means a lot to me. Because that time, when it felt like the world was screaming I was ugly...my dad told me I was beautiful. And then I didn't care anymore about my brother and all the people who told me I was ugly because what mattered to me that time was that I was beautiful to someone I love.

I love my mom so much. Even though we fight sometimes, I still consider her one of my closessstttt friends. I haven't been going to school lately and everyday, she has been my friend and I don't care about not having any other friend when I'm with her because we laugh at all the silly things and sometimes, a good laugh with your mom is enough. I thank her for that because sometimes I feel so sad and alone but then she shows up and either nag or scold me or wake me up like an alarm clock or stuffs like that and then no matter how annoying it is sometimes, I'm very much grateful because I don't feel so alone anymore.

There are still a lot of things I'd like to say about my parents...about how awesome they are and how thankful I am of them but I have to end this for some reason. I loooooooooooovvvvvvvveeeeeee them so much and I hope you guys also learn to appreciate and love your parents and see things in a different perspective because life is short and you don't get to be with them forever.

Here are some of our photos:












No comments:

Post a Comment